|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - March 12, 2018|
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Buchanan, Councilor Neve, Councilor Davis, Councilor Little, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Deputy Clerk/Treasurer Porter. Councilor Williams (excused) and Clerk/Treasurer Roberts were absent.
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, Consent Agenda and the minutes of the February 26, 2018 regular meeting.
Prior to the motion, Councilor Buchanan questioned the Municipal Court spreadsheet included in the council packets, as to why the amounts are different for each month. Police Chief Eastham advised that it depends on how many tickets are issued during the month and what’s been paid on.
The motion was seconded by Councilor Davis Vote: Ayes-4, Noes-0, Absent-1
Vendors – Check #43880 thru Check #43928 - $91,350.68
Payroll - Check #24398 thru Check #24411 - $90,180.73 Including Direct Deposit
|5. ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC|
|6. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS|
- Police Chief Eastham gave a brief department update since the last council meeting which included cargo containers on E Water St. and the cargo container located at Chen’s Restaurant. City Supervisor Houk advised that Chen’s has gotten a building permit and should be starting construction within the next couple months. This will eliminate their cargo container that they currently use for storage.
- City Supervisor Houk advised that the crew repaired a sink hole on Broadway that was caused by a failed catch basin.
- City Supervisor Houk reported that the crew fixed a water leak today in Baleville that had been previously fixed.
- City Supervisor Houk advised the Telemetry System that measures the water tanks on Rixon Rd and Smith Greenhouse Rd is not working properly.
- City Supervisor Houk advised that he’s been talking with the Engineers from Gray and Osborne regarding the design of First and Kendrick.
|7. MAYOR’S REPORT|
- Mayor Struck announced that she was going to be attending a meeting with Hillary Franz, Commissioner of Public Lands tomorrow regarding the Alder Mill located at 647 E Robert Bush Dr. There is a grant of $1.5 million allocated into getting the mill back up and running.
- Mayor Struck noted that she went to a meeting regarding the round a bouts they are wanting to place in Raymond on 101.
- Mayor Struck announced that Clerk/Treasurer Roberts is out of the office this week at the WMCA annual conference ending her year as president.
|8. COUNCIL COMMENTS|
Councilor Buchanan noted that he was glad to hear Mayor Struck was attending the meeting with Hillary Franz, Commissioner of Public Lands.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:42 PM to meet again at 5:30 PM on Monday, March 26, 2018 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall.