|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - November 26, 2018|
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Buchanan, Councilor Williams, Councilor Neve, Councilor Davis, Councilor Little, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Clerk/Treasurer Roberts.
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, Consent Agenda and the minutes of the November 14, 2018 regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams.
Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
Vendors – Check #44553 thru Check #44576 - $35,670.47
|5. DECEMBER 24, 2018 COUNCIL MEETING
Councilor Williams made a motion cancelling the December 24, 2018 council meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Neve. Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
|6. ORDINANCE #1539 – ADOPTING 2019 BUDGET (SECOND READING)
Councilor Neve made a motion to accept Ordinance #1539 – Adopting 2019 Final Budget as presented. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams. Vote: Ayes-4, Noes-1, Absent-0 (Ayes – Councilor Williams, Councilor Neve, Councilor Davis, Councilor Little. Noes – Councilor Buchanan)
|7. ORDINANCE #1540 – AMENDING, REPEALING & ADDING TO CHAPTER 8.20 – GARBAGE SERVICE (SECOND READING)
Councilor Neve made a motion to accept Ordinance #1540 – Amending, Repealing & Adding to Chapter 8.20 – Garbage Service as presented. The motion was seconded by Councilor Little. Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
|8. ORDINANCE #1541 – BOND AND INTERIM FINANCING FOR WTP UPGRADES (FIRST READING)
Councilor Neve made a motion to move Ordinance #1541 – Bond and Interim Financing for WTP Upgrades to a second reading. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams. Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
|10. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
City Supervisor Houk announced that the City was recently awarded a Transportation Improvement Board Grant for improvements to Willapa Avenue and First Street to Rixon Road. The project award is $313,236. This will be done in conjunction with the 4th Street Project which is being funded by a Community Development Block Grant. There are at least six large projects planned for 2019. It will be a busy spring.
- Mayor Struck explained that K D & S Environmental is scheduled to be here on December 17th to take care of the library abatement.
- Mayor Struck noted that she will be out of the office on November 28th & 29th at an AWC Risk Management Services Agency Board Meeting and on December 5th & 6th at an AWC Employee Benefit Trust Board of Trustee meeting.
- Mayor Struck announced that the city has purchased 300 commemorative coins to celebrate the City’s Sesquicentennial. The profits from the sale of the coins will be used to hold a celebratory event during Labor Day next year. The cost is $10.00 each and can be purchased at city hall.
- Councilor Williams asked if the 4th Street Reconstruction Project included water line replacement and City Supervisor Houk advised that yes it does.
- Councilor Neve thanked Police Chief Eastham and his staff for watching over her home while she was out of town.
- Councilor Davis asked if the city could move their legal notices to the Pacific County Press. Clerk/Treasurer Roberts advised she would look into it after the first of the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:42 PM to meet again on Monday, December 10, 2018 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall