|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - March 11, 2019|
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE|
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Buchanan, Councilor Neve, Councilor Davis, Councilor Little, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Administrative Assistant Porter. Clerk/Treasurer Roberts and Councilor Williams were absent (Excused).
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES|
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, Consent Agenda and the minutes of the February 25, 2019 regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Davis.
Vote: Ayes-4, Noes-0, Absent-1
Vendors – Check #44820 thru Check #44872 - $118,768.13
Payroll - Check #24573 thru Check #24588 - $102,979.14 Including Direct Deposit
Mayor Struck read a letter from citizen Gary Buchanan regarding the tennis court.
|5. ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC|
Randy Carlson on behalf of the South Bend Girls Basketball team thanked the city for the state bound send off.
|6. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS|
- Police Chief Eastham announced that the police officers and secretary are coaching a boys’ baseball team again this year.
- City Supervisor Houk informed business is as usual.
|7. MAYOR’S REPORT|
- Mayor Struck announced that she went to the South Bend Baseball field dedication and Cal Ripken Jr had sent 6 signed baseballs to the school and the City of South Bend got one of them.
- Mayor Struck informed that she’s been working with Scott McDougal from Pacific County Emergency Management along with others to develop a plan for emergency evacuation.
- Mayor Struck announced that she will be meeting with an aide from Senator Murray’s office on Thursday.
|8. COUNCIL COMMENTS|
Councilor Buchanan thanked Mayor Struck for working with Pacific County Emergency Management.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:45 PM to meet again on Monday, March 25, 2019 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall.