|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - March 25, 2019|
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Buchanan, Councilor Williams, Councilor Neve, Councilor Little, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Clerk/Treasurer Roberts. Councilor Davis was absent. (Excused)
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, Consent Agenda and the minutes of the March 11, 2019 regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams.
Vote: Ayes-4, Noes-0, Absent-1
Vendors – Check #44873 thru Check #44893 - $53,176.87
|6. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
- Police Chief Eastham gave a brief update on his department since the last council meeting including a minor officer involved accident that was not the officer’s fault.
- City Supervisor Houk announced that the Light Creek Dam Project will be finished this week. The majority of work that is left is work that will have to be done by hand, but the crew did a great job and it is a huge improvement.
- City Supervisor Houk explained that with each weather change it brings along with it water leaks. The crew has been busy making those repairs.
- City Supervisor Houk noted that the city would be interviewing eight potential candidates for the vacant public works position on March 26th. The city received 20 applications for the position.
- Mayor Struck gave an overview of the information she gathered at the Association of Washington Cities Lobby Day in Olympia which included some potential problems for cities down the road with fish culverts. She also touched on what she had heard about the capital budget. Additional information can be found at leap.leg.wa.gov
- Mayor Struck explained that she had recently met with Bryan Stebbins who is a representative from U.S. State Senator Patty Murray’s office. She felt like they had a great conversation and that the issues and concerns that she expressed to him would make it back to Patty Murray.
- Councilor Williams thanked the city crew for the gravel at First St off of Jackson Street. It was appreciated.
- Councilor Buchanan wished City Supervisor Houk good luck on the employee search.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:54 PM to meet again on Monday, April 8, 2019 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall.