|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - April 22, 2019|
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Buchanan, Councilor Williams, Councilor Neve, Councilor Davis, Councilor Little, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Administrative Assistant Porter. Clerk/Treasurer Roberts was absent.
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, Consent Agenda and the minutes of the April 8, 2019 regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams.
Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
Vendors – Check #44939 thru Check #44972 - $52,541.67 Including EFT Payments
|5. ORDINANCE #1544 – 2019 BUDGET AMENDMENTS
Councilor Neve made a motion to accept Ordinance #1544 – 2019 Budget Amendments as presented. The motion was seconded by Councilor Davis. Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
|6. RESOLUTION #2019-02 – PAYMENT OF CLAIMS PRIOR TO COUNCIL MEETING
Councilor Neve made a motion to accept Resolution #2019-2 – Payment of Claims Prior to Council Meeting as presented. The motion was seconded by Councilor Williams. Vote: Ayes-5, Noes-0, Absent-0
|8. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
- Chief Eastham advised that a civil service list will be conducted for a new police officer. A brief discussion followed.
- City Supervisor Houk advised that the TIB projects for First/Kendrick and Willapa Sidewalk will be going out for bid within the next couple weeks.
- City Supervisor Houk advised that the Central St. Sewer Project will go out for bids probably in August.
- City Supervisor Houk announced that he was going to be meeting with Gray & Osborne, Inc. tomorrow morning regarding Pacific Sunset’s final plat submittal.
Mayor Struck asked the council members if any of them were planning on attending the Small City Connector Event Wednesday night. None of the council members said they were going.
- Councilor Little asked about diagonal parking problems in front of Pioneer Grocery and the Post Office. A brief discussion followed.
Councilor Williams asked about the garbage Spring Clean Up. A brief discussion followed.
- Councilor Buchanan inquired about the lack of parking when Mary Lou Rogers’ Park goes in. A brief discussion followed.
- Councilor Buchanan asked if the Willapa Sidewalk Project was going to be using most or all of the city’s right of way and if there was going to be places for parking. City Supervisor Houk advised yes on both.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM to meet again on Monday, May 13, 2019 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall.