|CITY OF SOUTH BEND - COUNCIL MEETING - August 22, 2016
|1-2. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The council meeting was called to order by Mayor Struck at 5:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Members present: Councilor Olsen, Councilor Williams (arrived late), Councilor Neve, Councilor Hall, Police Chief Eastham, City Supervisor Houk and Deputy Clerk/Treasurer Porter. Councilor Webber was absent.
|3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA, CONSENT AGENDA, AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A motion was made by Councilor Neve to approve the Agenda, the Consent Agenda and the minutes of the August 8, 2016 regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Councilor Olsen. Vote: Ayes-3, Noes-0, Absent-2
Vendors - Check #42274 thru Check #42303 - $44,986.15
Mayor Struck read a letter for the record addressed to the council from Tom Giacoma regarding issues of our community’s reputation.
|6. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
- City Supervisor Houk advised that NOVA Contracting, Inc. has begun working on the Central Avenue Project laying pipe.
- City Supervisor Houk announced that the city crew was going to be asphalt patching Thursday or Friday of this week at Kendrick and Willapa and in the parking lot/alley of Pioneer Grocery.
- Mayor Struck thanked Citizen Joe Brignone for the pictures he donated to city hall that were on display in the council chambers and the mayor’s office.
- Mayor Struck announced that Labor Day is approaching. Come see our booth at the fair this week.
- Mayor Struck thanked the crew for a great job on Martin Creek Dam clean up. The dam was at 300,000 gallons of raw water and now it’s at 1.5 million gallons of capacity.
- Councilor Hall had someone complain to him about not picking up the garbage at the boat launch. Also someone thanked him for not giving them a ticket for forgetting to pay.
- Councilor Neve announced to come to the fair this week. Also to come enjoy the Kiwanis breakfast.
- Councilor Neve thanked Councilor Hall for his work at the boat launch.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:45 PM to meet again at 5:30 PM on Monday, September 12, 2016 for the next regularly scheduled meeting at South Bend City Hall.